IT United Technology Career FairTue, March 14, 2017
4:30 PM - 8:00 PM
UW-Milwaukee Student Union
2200 E Kenwood Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
The IT United Technology Career Fair is an opportunity for students who participate in United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County funded programs to explore careers in technology. Students will have an opportunity to interact with innovative technologies through hosted demonstrations as well as participate in round table discussions about careers in technology led by volunteers.
The 2017 IT United Technology Career Fair will be held on March 14, 2017 from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the UW-Milwaukee Student Union.
Volunteer Opportunity At A Glance
- Lead round table discussion topics on:
- (1) Mobility & Application Development; (2) Digital Development; (3) IT Infrastructure & Security; (4) Project & Risk Management; and (5) Analytics, Statistics & BI
- Host interactive demonstrations that exemplify various uses of technology
- In 2017, nearly 100 high school students that participate in youth programming at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, PEARLS for Teen Girls, and Carmen Schools of Science & Technology will interact with over 35 technology professionals in various IT roles at the following companies:
- Commvault, Aurora Health Care, Baird, Circle 1 Network, CoreLogic, Digital Bridge, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Johnson Controls, ManpowerGroup, OneNeck, Robert Half Technology & The Creative Group, Rockwell Automation, Thomson Reuters, US Bank, and UWM-SOIS.
- Listen to a student's story of how the Career Fair helped her connect to the professional world through a dream internship and how she pays it forward.
- Tuesday, February 21: Volunteer Information & Planning Meeting @ UWGMWC (3:00-4:30pm)
- February 28 through March 7: Individual Group conference calls (optional)
- Tuesday, March 7: Full group conference call for report out on all discussions (1:00-2:00pm)
- Tuesday, March 14: 4:30pm - 8 pm: IT United Technology Career Fair (4:30-8:00pm at UWM's Student Union)
Contact Callai Reed via email or at 414.263.8320.