Between January 1 and December 31, 2016, United Way held 30 Community Conversations with 331 participants from 70 different zip codes across our local area. Participants ranged in age from 12-95. 67% of participants were female; 56% of participants were people of color; and 64% of participants reported a household income of $49,999 or less.
Overall themes that emerged:
- A Violence-free Community
- Equity & Inclusivity
- A Clean & Green Community
- Community Connectedness
Click here to view the whole report.
United Way will use this information to inform how we engage current partners and the community, find new opportunities for collaboration, develop strategies, and mobilize resources. Thank you to everyone who participated for your valuable feedback.
Hosting a Conversation
What You Can Expect
We cannot promise to create a new program based on this conversation, but we do promise to communicate with your organization what we learned and how we plan to use the information. We will also share this information with those who need to hear it, such as law enforcement, government, business leaders, community organizers, etc.
What We Need From You
- A quiet space to hold the conversation (ex. a conference room).
- 8-15 participants
- The opportunity to collect email addresses of participants to share with them what we heard and how we plan to use the information.
- At least 3 weeks of notice before desired date of conversation.