Be a Handraiser
You want to make a difference. We make it easy. Every year, we connect hundreds of local hand raisers to simple ways they can help us create real change.
We know that volunteering as a group enhances teamwork, strengthens morale and demonstrates your organization’s commitment to creating a better community.
Why work with United Way?
We offer a wide variety of unique experiences for groups of any size, on-site, off-site, or virtually to make a meaningful difference. We offer:
- Expertise in developing custom volunteer projects and engagement plans.
- One-stop shop model connecting your team to what matters most to you.
- Logistics management; making it easy and fun to volunteer.
Volunteer Event Ideas
On-site Volunteer Projects
Do good without even leaving the office:
- Host a kit packing party for personal care items or reading bundles
- Coordinate a supply collection drive for school supplies or winter apparel
- Organize a sandwich-making or snack pack assembly line
In the Community
Raise your hand at one of 15+ signature events:
- Help local children pick out books at My Very Own Library events
- Serve as an advocate and guest champion at Project Homeless Connect
- Prep and pack freezer meals alongside local chefs at Fill the Freezer
Use your professional talents to make a difference:
- Serve as an interview or resume coach at the Women’s and Men’s Job Seminars
- Become a financial budgeting coach at the Financial Empowerment Seminar
- Share your expertise and career advice with youth at the IT United Career Fair
Mary Lou's Closet
Donate basic needs items for local youth:
- New donation categories every-other month, like school supplies or winter clothes
- Donations can be dropped off at United Way or shipped from our Amazon Wish List
- Donations benefit students at Milwaukee Community Schools and youth served through partner agencies