6th and North Ave.
The HaRUNbee 5K Walk/Run for Healthy Birth Outcomes was designed to raise awareness and to prevent infant mortality.
Organized by the Milwaukee Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families (LIHF), the mission of the HaRUNbee Walk/Run is to promote wellness by encouraging families to stay healthy and fit, both mentally and physically. We want to generate engagement of the community by bringing all ages and all races together internally as well as surrounding neighborhoods outside the Harambee community for a 5K Walk/Run.
On the day of the event, registration will begin at 7:30 AM and the walk/run will begin at 9:00 AM.
- The walk/run will take place as a part of Bronzeville Week.
- Participants are welcome to walk or run.
- Top finishers will receive prizes.
- Babies in strollers are welcome!
- Adult (18+) Runner $30
- Adult (18+) Walker $25
- Senior Runner/Walker (55+) $15
- Individual (Team Registration) (10 or more to a team) $15
- Youth (17 or under) - With T-shirt Runner/Walker $10
- Youth (17 or under) - Without T-shirt Runner/Walker FREE
Pre-registration closes on Friday, August 3 at 8:00pm. Individual onsite registration will be available with cash and check only starting at 7:30am. Team registration will not be available onsite. There may be limited t-shirts, t-shirt sizes, and registration bags onsite. Pre-registration is encouraged.
In order to ensure a fun, safe environment for our walkers and runners, we are looking for a variety of volunteers for the day of the race. Visit Volunteers United, and click on "United Way’s Signature Volunteer Opportunities" on the left hand side to sign up for volunteering at HaRUNbee. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Set-up and Registration
- Course Marshals
- Finish Line
- Water Stations and Tear Down
Contact Tonda Thompson at 414.263.8337 or via email