Pathway to Partnership grants are available annually for programs that address current priorities in Education, Income and Health. Individual agency requests from this fund may not exceed $50,000 per year.
After successfully completing and reporting on at least two years of Pathway to Partnership Grants (one-year each) and receiving recommendations from United Way staff and volunteers, agencies/programs may be considered for United Way partnership status. The process to achieve partnership status takes approximately three years to complete. Approved agencies join the 110+ partnership agencies that receive ongoing, programmatic funding, and are subject to organizational and programmatic requirements.
Note: No new Pathway to Partnership funding was awarded in 2015-2016. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that new Pathway to Partnership grants will be available for the 2016-2017 year. A decision will be made by the end of April and will be posted on this site. Thank you for your patience.
- Agencies must have current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Agencies must provide health and human services programming in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington or Waukesha Counties.
- Agencies and programs must be able to demonstrate broad community support and a record of fiscal and administrative stability.
- Agencies agree to measure outcomes as prescribed by United Way using provided surveys and i-CResults data collection tool when applicable.
- Support will be provided for a single year at a time, with grantees required to reapply, without guarantees, for subsequent years in which they may seek funding.
- Individual agency requests from this fund may not exceed $50,000 per year.
- Agency agrees to complete mandated reporter training and have in place a separate policy regarding the protection of children and youth if the organization serves youth in any capacity.
Application Attachments: Agencies who are NOT currently an agency program partner with United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County will be required to submit a completed application along with the following:
- Agency 990 (most recently completed)
- Completed form W-9
- 501(c)(3) Letter
- Two most recent fiscal year audit reports with Management Letter
- Most recently completed fiscal year-ending internal financial reports (Balance Sheet and Statement of Activities) AND most recent current year financial report
- Policy on Protecting Children (if serve youth in any capacity)
- Counterterrorism Agreement
Requirements of Funding:
- Agencies will be required to submit a mid-year progress report as well as a year-end report in e-CImpact (United Way’s online reporting tool).
- The year-end report will include demographics (listed below) for all participants, outcome results and analysis, a success story and final program budget.
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County will distribute half of the funding amount on July 1, 2015 and the second half after mid-year report receives approval.
- Agencies who are NOT currently an agency program partner with United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County will sign a Pathway to Partnership Grant Agreement.
- Current agency program partners will be held to the standards outlined in the 2016-2017 agency program partner Partnership Agreement.
Demographics: Pathway to partnership programs are required to report demographic information for all of the participants served. Demographic categories are subject to change. Required demographics in 2016-2017 include:
- Age Groups: 0 thru 3, 4 thru 5, 6 thru 11, 12 thru 17, 18 thru 24, 25 thru 34, 35 thru 44, 45 thru 54, 55 thru 64, 65 thru 74, 75 thru 84, 85 thru 94, 95 and over
- Gender: Male, Female, Transgender, Other
- Household Income: $0 to $9,999, $10,000 to 14,999, $15,000 to $24,999, $25,000 to 36,999, $37,000 to $49,999, $50,000 to $74,999, $75,000 or more, Free and reduced lunch (if income data is not available)
- Ethnic/Racial Background: African American/Black, Asian, Caucasian/White, Hispanic/Latino, Middle Eastern, Multi-racial, Native American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Other
- U.S. Veteran Status (Are you or have you ever been a member of the Armed Forces?)
- Zip Codes of Residence
- Primary Language: What is the primary Language spoken in the home? English, Hmong, Spanish, Other
*Demographic categories are subject to change prior to disbursement of 2016-2017. Funded agencies will be notified of any changes in writing.
Unfortunately, new Pathway to Partnership grants will not be available for the 2016-2017 year. Thank you for understanding.
Please contact Gail McCarthy at 414.263.8123 or via email.