(Above) United Way’s Helping Kids Succeed initiative helps provide critical resources - like mental health care – to students in Waukesha public schools.
Every student deserves the opportunity to succeed.
Since there is a clear link between community support and the success of children, a United Way initiative known as Helping Kids Succeed is connecting community resources to schools in Waukesha County, enhancing the educational experience and improving outcomes for students.
Funding and other support is given to programs and partners that aim to increase:
- Student achievement and readiness
- Family stability and empowerment
- Educator effectiveness and retention
- Community awareness and engagement
United Way’s Helping Kids Succeed initiative targets the high-need student and schools in the Waukesha School District. Data is collected over the course of each school year to measure impact and guide future funding decisions.
Current Impact (2017-2018)
- 100% of students surveyed increased their resiliency.
- 50% of participating schools saw a significant decrease in the number of behavior referrals during the school day.
- 100% of participating schools saw an increase in safety during recess, including equipment being used as intended, little to no physical altercations, adequate adult supervision, and adequate adult positioning.
Your gift to the Helping Kids Succeed initiative supports innovative strategies to increase student success in Waukesha County. Donate today.