November 18, 2016
Start a new holiday tradition by joining United Way in a volunteer project this season. Here are 10 ways you and your loved ones can give a little extra in December:
- Decorate cookies and serve as holiday helpers at St. Joseph’s Medical Clinic Holiday Open House on December 7 from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Snow Birds unite! Help clear the pathways at Hebron House of Hospitality any time the snow falls this winter.
- Bake holiday cookies at home to share with older adults. Drop off your cookies to Bay View Community Center by December 12.
- Provide dinner for homeless youth at Pathfinders. Meals are needed daily, available dates throughout December.
- Be a cookie elf and bake cookies for families of Elevate, Inc. experiencing loss this holiday season. Deliver by December 14.
- Sort mittens, hats, and scarves for MPS students at United Way on December 19 from 9 – 11:30 a.m.
- Serve a holiday lunch for seniors at Interfaith Senior Center’s Holiday Luncheon. December 22 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Ring in the New Year at Girl Scout’s New Year’s party on December 23 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Serve Christmas dinner at Salvation Army’s 27th Annual Christmas Family Feast. December 25 from 7 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Donate cold weather items and food for the Homeless Outreach Team at NAMI Waukesha to share with those in need. Drop off items by December 30.