In the spirit of 19th century French philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville, Tocqueville Society members improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people through contributions to United Way.
- Make a total contribution of $10,000 or more.
- Direct at least $6,000 of your gift to United Way and/or any of its Education, Income and Health strategies or special initiatives
- No more than half of your total contribution may be directed to non-United Way partner organizations.
- Convenience of meeting a variety of community needs with one gift and one payment process.
- Expedited designation processing with no fees. 100% of your designated amount is forwarded to your agency within approximately 30 days of receipt of your designation list.
- Pledge payment is not required prior to our distribution of designations.
- You will receive one tax statement documenting all your charitable health and human service contributions.
- Invitation to the annual Tocqueville Society cocktail party and additional events.
- Recognition in the local Leadership Registry and the Tocqueville brochure (optional).
- Guardian: $10,000 to $24,999
- Champion: $25,000 to $49,999
- Sustainer: $50,000 to $99,999
- Jane Bradley Pettit Society: $100,000
Last year, 403 donors made gifts of $10,000 or more, with at least $6,000 of each gift directed towards United Way or its Education, Income and Health special initiatives. These gifts totaled $15.3 million.