In the spirit of 19th century French philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville, Tocqueville Society members improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people through contributions to United Way.
- Contribute a total contribution of $10,000 or more.
- Contribute at least $6,000 of your gift to United Way's Community Fund and/or any of its health, education, and financial stability strategies or special initiatives
- For the greatest impact, at least 60% of your total contribution should be directed to United Way's Community Fund.
Provided that you meet each of the above criteria, Tocqueville members may designate the remainder of their gift to any 501(c)3 health and human service organizations, including United Way agency program partners. If you are unsure of an agencies eligibility for designation, contact Bev Arrowood at 414.263.8210 or Lisa Manske at 262.409.2421.
- Convenience of meeting a variety of community needs with one gift and one payment process.
- Expedited designation processing with no fees. 100% of your designated amount is forwarded to your agency within approximately 30 days of receipt of your designation list.
- Pledge payment is not required prior to our distribution of designations.
- You will receive one tax statement documenting all your charitable health and human service contributions.
- Invitation to the annual Tocqueville Society cocktail party and additional events.
- Recognition in the local Leadership Registry and the Tocqueville brochure (optional).
- Guardian: $10,000 to $24,999
- Champion: $25,000 to $49,999
- Sustainer: $50,000 to $99,999
- Jane Bradley Pettit Society: $100,000
Last year, over 600 donors made gifts of $10,000 or more, with at least $6,000 of each gift directed towards United Way’s Community Fund or one of its health, education, and financial stability initiatives. These gifts totaled over $17 million!