A gift to United Way’s Community Fund is the most efficient and powerful way to invest in your community, including the important work of COVID-19 response, recovery, and rebuilding.
- Your donations stay local. United Way invests in programs and initiatives in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha counties.
- Your donations are efficient. Donor dollars are leveraged with others to meet the most pressing needs in our community.
- Your donations are effective. United Way invests in programs at nonprofits that create lasting change. The results are measurable, sustainable, and meet current community needs.
Community Fund investments support 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit agency partners who are making an impact on the health, education, and financial stability of everyone in our four-county region. This group of partners receives more than just financial support, United Way also helps increase the capacity and efficiency through technical assistance and training, as well as connecting them to volunteers and other resources.
With the help of so many generous donors and volunteers, we've accomplished some amazing things:
- Our community is healthier. Last year, 86,942 youth and adults had increased access to health care programs, health and wellness services, and safer and healthier communities.
- More youth are succeeding in school. Last year, 86% of surveyed children who participated in United Way-funded early childhood education programs showed improvement in their literacy skills and 93% showed improvement in motor skills.
- More families are achieving financial stability. Last year, 49,028 adults and families benefited from programs that reduced barriers to employment and provided safe and stable homes.
Last year, 213,776 people were served by United Way-funded programs and partnerships.
View 2020 Community Impact Report
View Impact in Waukesha County