United Way relies on corporate and nonprofit partners to sponsor a local professional or loan an employee from August through December to help coordinate workplace campaigns. Loaned Executives (LEs) utilize their expertise and energy to enhance solicitation efforts, reach new markets, and broaden the base of community support.
Benefits to Your Company
- Opportunity to engage your company's talented professional with a temporary position with a high-performing nonprofit.
- Your Loaned Executive receives in-depth training on presentation and public speaking skills, executive presence, sales expertise and networking,
- Strengthens external relations through Loaned Executive contacts and relationships.
- Recognition at United Way events and in marketing materials such as:
- Campaign Closing program
- Milwaukee Business Journal Thank You Insert
Benefits to the Loaned Executive
- Teaches comprehensive sales, management and presentation skills
- Offers professional development and networking opportunities
- Increases confidence, executive presence, and leadership ability
- Enhances communication, creative thinking, problem solving, negotiation, project management and team building skills
- Strengthens knowledge of community issues, organizations and events
Meet Loaned Executive and winner of the John A. Puelicher Award, Dave Michalski, sponsored by Ascension Health:
"Working at United Way has allowed me to leverage my prior professional talents, build new skills and broaden my perspective with the understanding of what working for the food of the community really means."
Meet Loaned Executive Deidra Edwards, sponsored by American Red Cross of Southeastern WI:
“I’ve met some great people along the way and each one has had an impact on me and my experience with United Way during the two years I have served as a Loaned Executive.”
Meet Loaned Executive Gretchen Titus, sponsored by A. O. Smith:
"I have always been a firm believer in United Way and their mission and can say that after this experience I am even more impressed with their efficient and collaborative approach to solving our community's greatest challenges."
Meet We Energies Loaned Executive Zach St. Martin:
"I was completely blown away by the amount of information I learned regarding United Way, community agencies, and the needs of our community. I knew overall about United Way and their mission but without this experience would have never realized the true reach they have, helping fund over 220 programs. I was able to meet some incredible community members that are fighting for our neighbors every day."
Meet Loaned Executive Flynn DeWalt, sponsored by Northwestern Mutual:
"This was my first step into the professional workforce and I appreciate the experience this opportunity has lent me. Working for United Way has taught me the true meaning of giving back and I hope to continue to advocate for the community in any way possible."