About Project Homeless Connect
United Way is proud to belong to the Continuum of Care (CoC), a network of 100+ organizations working on the issue of homelessness in Milwaukee. Due to the CoC's recent work connecting people to permanent supportive housing, and investing in Project Homeless Connect, Milwaukee has seen a dramatic decrease in homelessness for the first time in a decade. This bucks national trends. About 900 people are experiencing homelessness any given night in Milwaukee, a 36% decrease from 2007-2016. United Way and the CoC will continue this work until we end homelessness in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee Project Homeless Connect is a one-stop shop event on Thursday, October 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. aimed at bringing multiple resources and services under one roof to better serve people experiencing homelessness. About 80 organizations will be at this year's event providing free services such as:
- Dental and vision exams
- Housing assessments and applications
- Clothing and hygiene items
- Legal assistance
- Employment resources
Service Providers & Resource Tables
Register your organization to provide a resource table or services at Project Homeless Connect.
Additional Questions? Contact Krystina Kohler at 414.263.8181 or email.
Save the date to volunteer at Project Homeless Connect.
- Guest Advocate - Guest Advocate Volunteers will act as a guide to help our community members navigate through the resources and services provided throughout 3 floors of the Marquette facility. You will interact 1:1 with an individual until all needed services/resources have been visited. Volunteers will remain with their guest throughout the duration of their visit to be sure all needs are met for the day and assist them with a brief survey regarding their experience. When the guest leaves, the Guest Advocate will then return to the intake area to escort another guest.
- Intake Volunteer for Project Homeless Connect - Skilled volunteers with experience in social services will be responsible for completing housing applications for guests. The volunteer will interact 1:1 with the guest to fill out a housing assessment. CoC staff will be available to train and guide intake volunteers throughout the process.
Additional Volunteer Questions? Contact Lori Hayes at 262.409.2414 or via email.
- Project Homeless Connect is organized by the Milwaukee Continuum of Care
- Visit the Milwaukee Continuum of Care on Facebook
- Read about the impact of the 2015 Project Homeless Connect
- Want to help, but can't attend? Select an item from our Amazon Wish List and have it shipped directly to Nicole at United Way (225 W. Vine St. 53212). United Way will bring your donated items to the event.