United Way Volunteer Engagement - Agency Terms and Condition
2021 Year United Way Volunteer Engagement Agency Terms & Conditions
January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021
Utilization of the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) Volunteer System (Get Connected) indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions listed below. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by updating this document and resending electronically. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease your use of this website.
- Annual fee for the site by UWGMWC in the amount of $150.00/year payable each year in January/February. (Please use this document as invoice.)
- Organizations registering shall provide either assurance of status as a non-profit organization or government entity, school, and/or faith-based organization. The UWGMWC reserves the right to refuse any agencies whose volunteer programs' missions and purposes it finds contrary to the spirit of volunteerism.
- Maintain a general liability insurance policy of at least one million ($1,000,000) dollars of coverage, and provide the UWGMWC with a copy of the certificate page indicating your agency address and the dates and amount of coverage upon your yearly renewal date. (We recommend that you contact your insurance company and have the UWGMWC listed as a “named insured” or “additional insured” and they will automatically send us an updated copy of your certificate page on your yearly renewal date.)
- Registering agencies also agree to:
- Agencies are solely responsible for posting/updating agency content in a timely fashion. Update volunteer opportunities quarterly or more frequently as needed. Deactivate all volunteer activities currently not needed. Update any changes with your contact information and disable volunteer opportunities when they are filled.
- Provide volunteers with service descriptions, orientation, training (where necessary), supervision, evaluation, and recognition to ensure effective volunteer service and satisfaction.
- In order to clearly communicate expectations and new procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic, each volunteer opportunity posting must include a statement of health and safety protocol for volunteers. Include if masks are required, number of volunteers, distancing and sanitation protocol. If there will be direct contact with staff or clients, what requirements are set for safe interactions.
- Screen each volunteer referred to the agency as meets your agencies onboarding requirements. The UWGMWC does not screen any volunteer prior to referral. Each agency is responsible for the volunteer(s) referred, and agrees to hold the UWGMWC harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages or expenses, which the agency may incur or suffer as a result of any action or inaction of any volunteer referred to the agency.
- Contact referred volunteers within 1-2 business days. Refer unplaced volunteers back to UWGMWC database.
- UWGMWC will not accept requests for volunteers:
- From organizations that are partisan in their politics.
- From religious organizations except for the purpose of community service such as day care, food distribution, etc., providing it is not restricted to a specific religion.
- For positions for which the organization has funds to hire staff or for volunteer positions which replace or displace paid staff.
- For positions which discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- From individual citizens. The UWGMWC will attempt to direct individuals to an appropriate helping organization via 211.